In the event of something malfunctioning in your car of a feature not working in the right manner, you’ll notice a signal funneling through its electrical system and reaching the dashboard. It leads to a hieroglyphic illumination, which encompass a wide range of problems.
You can have a prismatic view of curious-looking car signs or markers, especially if you have a need a mnemonic tool to reboot your memory.
- Let’s start with the engine temperature warning light. It looks like a pirate ship. Its sails are in a downward direction. It indicates that the engine is too hot.
- The tire pressure warning light resembles a Bucking Palace sentry, who approves the field goal. It indicates low pressure in your tire/s.
- The oil pressure warning light looks like you’re on the verge of getting three wishes. It means your engine is running low on oil. It could also be an indication for a problem with the oil pressure system of your car.
More On The Symbols
A traction control light shows that you’ve activated your car’s traction control system. The traction control system integrates an anti-lock brake mechanism for determining the speed of the wheels. If it detects a slipping wheel, it will automatically apply the brakes unless it regains the same traction.
- Another very prominent warning light is the anti-lock brake. It indicates something wrong with the automobile system. Anti-lock brakes keep your vehicle in loop with the road, ensuring safety. It’s crucial to diagnose the problem at the earliest.
- The traction control malfunction light shows that your car’s traction control system might have a damaged or broken sensor, or some other technical faults. You have cars, where the same control module works in sync with the traditional control system and anti-lock brakes.
- The battery light sign is very common. It indicates some problem with the car’s charging system.
- The engine start indicator or automatic shift lock is the symbol to make you try and shift gears or initiate ignition sans any brake engagement. The automatic shift lock invariably locks your car in neutral or park till you engage the concerned brake.
On Safety Symbols
With car signs like security alert, service vehicle soon, and side airbag, you can ensure that you’ve a safe driving experience. In case of the first one, any fault in the vehicle chassis systems turns on the indicator light.
- For security alert, the indicator light turns on for a brief moment. It happens if you lock the ignition switch and it needs immediate transponder equipment to restart. If you can spot the light when the car is on, it typically indicates a dysfunctional tool in the security system.
- The reduced power warning has the indicator light showing that engine computer has restrictions in its engine power output.
- The seat belt indicator is a light to indicate that you haven’t secured a seat belt for someone in the vehicle.
- The press clutch pedal shows the indicator pushing the clutch.
The other symbols are powertrain fault, press brake pedal, parking brake light, overdrive light, oil change reminder, master warning light, and information warning light.