Every time we download any files to our phones from the internet, we are able to open the file and use them right away. But so many of us have trouble relocating the file at a later point of time. We all had our moments when we are looking for an important file, not remembering where we stored it and losing our patience.
Today we are going to share with you how to find all your downloaded files both on an iPhone and an Android smartphone. You just need to follow a few simple steps and you can easily locate all the downloaded files stored on your phone. Below are the detailed steps on how to find Downloads on your iPhone as well as your Android smartphone.
If your phone is locked to any network you can unlock it for use with any gsm network worldwide.
How to Find Downloads on iPhone
Here is how you can find any downloaded files stored on your iPhone with a few simple steps.
- Search for an app called ‘Files’ on your iPhone.
- Now you have two options for finding previously downloaded files. You can either search for the file by its name by typing it in the ‘Browse’ tab on the screen.
- If you don’t remember the file name, then you have to choose the location where the file is stored, which is either on the device or in the iCloud storage.
- If the downloaded file is saved on the iPhone proceed by selecting the ‘On My iPhone’ or ‘On My Device’ option and clicking on the browse button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the following screen, you will see multiple folders depending on your settings and preferences. Select the ‘Download’ folder.
- All the files that were saved in the Downloads folder can be found here.
- When you find the desired file you can tap and hold it to open a pop-up window that allows you to Copy, Move, and Rename it so you can find it in the future without any difficulty.
- In iPhones that support iOS 11 and above, now Image and Video files are automatically saved to their respective folders instead of the Download folder so be sure to check out those folders as well to find your file.
How to Download Files in Safari Through Web Pages
Generally you don’t need to download files in safari from a web page but if you want you do that by following instructions given below
- Start the safari app and visit the web page through which you want to download the file from.
- You may need to download through a link or a button. Tap in link or button as per case.
- After clicking on the link it may open in a new tab or on your iPhone screen. It is completely depends on the file type you want to download.
- As a result there will be a prompt where you need to choose the location to save the file. Or can save it in the iCloud folder or iPhone folder. There is also and option to save it to Dropbox folder if using that app.
- Once you choose your preferred location to save the downloaded file it stored in the disk and you are good to go.
How to Find Downloads on Android Phones
Just follow the steps given below to find any downloads on your Android smartphones.
- Find the ‘File Manager’ app on your phone and open it. Depending on your device the name of the app may be slightly different such as ‘My Files’ or ‘Files’.
- Now go to the ‘Downloads’ folder in the app.
- Here you will be able to see your downloaded files separated by different categories such as Images, Videos, Music, Documents, etc.
- Select the subfolder representing the type of your downloaded file and locate your desired file.
- Sometimes files such as Images or Audio may be directly stored in the respective app depending on the settings of your smartphone.
- So, if you can’t find a file in the Downloads folder, try to look for the same in its original folder.
- You will be able to see a subfolder titled Downloads under the main folder such as Images or Videos. Where you may also find the downloaded files of the same type.
We hope that you will no difficulty in finding any type of downloaded files on your phone stored in any folder after going through this article, whether it is photo, video or a doc file.
If you have still in trouble finding your downloaded files you can check whether the required folder is hidden or not through folder properties under advance tab section.