Link building remains one of the most singularly defining factors that directly impact the rank of a website on Google or other search engines. If you are looking to rank your website in 2021 it necessary to put together link-building strategies that can ensure a top spot in search results.
There are a number of approaches to take but not all of them might be effective enough to earn you the top-ranking positions you long for. So, we are going to share some winning tactics that may take some planning and research on your part but are sure to help you get profitable results in the long run, one of these approaches could be buying backlinks.
In order to build the right links that can positively impact your ranking and organic traffic, you just need to follow three very basic yet time-tested and proven methods that we have put together and are sure to score in 2021.
1. Link Building with Resource Pages
Resource pages are those pages that hyperlink to other websites on a particular topic or subject. What makes these pages the perfect target for link building is that they exist for the very purpose of linking different pages as long as you take care of a few steps.
- Find out the resource pages using search strings on Google.
- Look at the URL rating of the link and if it belongs to an authority domain.
- Zero down on the content best fitted for your website.
- Reach out to the owner of the link with an outreach script requesting hyperlinking their content to your website.
2. Link Building Using Broken Links
Broken link building is the practice of creating backlinks by replacing the links to 404 error pages with a working link originating from a target website. This process also helps to add value to another website and we will tell you how to do that.
- Look for broken links on any website from your browser using broken link finding tools available online.
- Find pages that have a lot of outbound links as more links on a single place indicate that at least one of them will likely be broken.
- Check for broken links using broken link finding tools.
- Email the owner of that site regarding their broken link and pitch the content from your website as a possible replacement.
3. Use the Skyscraper Technique
The skyscraper technique that was developed to create engaging content that would in turn help in high-quality links for your website requires you to do three things.
- Source popular content that has been linked by your competitor sites.
- Create better quality content on those same topics and publish it on your website.
- Promote your newly published content to influential people in the industry and spread the word about it. The rest will follow on its own.
At the end of the day, it boils down to the fact that links act as the currency of the internet. If you are someone who is just starting out their journey with SEO or someone who has had years of experience with the same link-building strategies that we pointed out for you are sure to bring similar results in terms of success.
Along the same lines, the real challenge in link building lies in obtaining quality and trusted high authority links. Once you get to know what makes a link powerful and focus on improving your link power in the same vein, you are good to go.