Have you observed that so many versions of rummy have come up recently? Do you need something to fuel you up so that you can also get access to this unlimited fun? Then don’t worry as we are here for you. You will get to know about 500 Rummy and its variants. The game is like any other form of Rummy. You may need to go through the basics of the Rummy game. After you are done, get your eyes hooked up to our article which will focus on the rules and tactics of playing this game.
What is 500 Rummy?
500 rummy is a very popular game and a derived version of Rummy. The popularity of the game can be guessed by the fact that it is called by many names like pinochle rummy, Michigan Rummy, etc. The game can be played by 2-8 players. This version is different from other games as, unlike other games where 100 points are the maximum number of points. Here the winner has to earn 500 points in the shortest time to win. The points are won when cards are melded and if cards remain unmelted, points are lost. You can take cards top to bottom from the pile.
What are the tactics to play rummy?
- Standard procedure is followed- A standard rummy card is used consisting of 52 or 54 cards. The number of cards used depends on the number of players. Watch out there! You have to match sequence and meld cards (3-4) from the same suit of cards as soon as possible just like normal rummy.
- How to begin– You have to take any card, it can be from the top of the pile. For the discard pile, rules are different in Rummy 500 and we are going to discuss them soon.
- What is to be done after melding cards– Keep your melded cards with you during your turn. This should be done before discarding and after drawing. In any case, you have to lose one card. And you can lay new cards in addition to already melded cards.
- Learn how to use a joker card- The fun fact is that a joker card can be chosen to represent any card you want; even if that card is used in another sequence before.
- Get the bonus- If you become the first player to lose his/her cards and if no cards are left in your stockpile and you have laid your all cards. Even if you finish first, the chances of getting a bonus are low but you never know, it might be used in a tie.
- Learn about discard pile– Here, the best part is that you are not forced to take cards from the top in the stockpiles. Take a note of the rules as following rules can only make you a winner. You should always take the top card after taking the cards you want. Watch out for your next step here as the card selected has to be used immediately. Either you put it into an already formed meld of cards or you start forming a meld of cards.
- How can you be called “Rummy”?– If you put away a card that is lucky enough to be compiled easily or distorts the discarded pile such that it can’t be used any further for further combinations with your opponent’s number cards. Before the next person draws, he can be called “Rummy”. The game doesn’t stop here. The other person follows the same procedure clockwise.
- Learn about floating– In this 500 Rummy game, you get one chance to mend all the cards, and mind it, the game never ends here and when no discard pile is there, then you choose “float”. When your turn comes, make sure no one has gone around. You can meanwhile draw a card from the stock and if you discard it, the game comes to an end.
- How to end the game– Suppose you choose multiple cards at once from a bundle of discarded cards, that does finish the game. If you combine all the cards taken from the discarded pile, this step is done after choosing multiple cards from the pile of cards. You have the option to float and another round starts smoothly.
- How to reset the pace of the game– If you take back your card from the pile of cards you had discarded, you may combine them, now you have a single card. After this step, all the things in the game get back to normal.
Here, you had a glance at various dimensions of 500 Rummy. No doubt many more versions of Rummy are about to come. They will have slight modifications. But we have given you a great head start. Hop on and get ready to explore. Earn while you play. If anything is stopping you to do so, do go through our article, and your decision is bound to change. We hope you have a good time playing 500 Rummy. Do try the variants of 500 Rummy. You can try playing the amazing variants of the rummy game on Getmega and play with 100% genuine users and get a chance to make real money.