Do you also like playing games? Have you tried Rummy? Playing rummy is a great way to relax even after a busy day.
Rummy is a card sequencing game. It is a part of our lives, families, and our memories. The objective of this game is to complete the sequence of your cards before your opponents. It takes a lot of skill to draw your card from the deck or even from your opponents. The popularity of rummy gave rise to online rummy games, where players can also win cash prizes. You can try the game of Rummy on GetMega and play with the best players all around the world. You also get a chance to get 100% cashback on your first deposit.
What is a 7 Card rummy?
The 7 card Rummy game is a popular variant of the Rummy game and is a skill-based game that requires players to form sets or sequences in order to win. In 7 Card Rummy, each player is dealt 7 cards, of which they have to form at least one pure sequence and one impure sequence.
Benefits of playing Rummy
There are many benefits of playing Rummy:-
- Rummy helps you to gain confidence and expertise.
- It helps you to learn the risk to succeed, which is very important in today’s cut-throat market.
- If you are good at playing Rummy, it can enhance your money power.
- You can earn side money by just playing Rummy.
- It also develops and improves the player’s decision-making skills.
Rules of Playing 7 card Rummy
- The objective of the game is to get the most points. The objective of each hand is to get rid of all the cards in your hand.
- The dealer always distributes 7 cards in a clockwise manner to each player.
- Till every player gets 7 cards, no player is allowed to see the cards, thus, keeping the cards face down.
- No player is allowed to see each other’s cards.
- The remaining card after the distribution is called the stock and is kept on the table.
- Now the game starts by taking the first card of the stock keeping It faces up.
How to play 7 card rummy
The game starts by taking a card from the stock.
- Using a standard deck of playing cards, with kings high and aces low, each player draws 1 card and the player with the lowest card is the first dealer.
- The dealer shuffles then deals based on the number of players: 10 cards for 2 players, 7 cards for 3 to 4 players, or 6 cards for 5 to 6 players. Beginning with the player to the left of the dealer and proceeding clockwise, each player’s turn begins by picking one card from either the stock or the discard pile and adding it to their hand.
- After adding a card to your hand you have two optional plays: Melding and Laying Off. You make a meld by either having three or more of a kind. A run consists of cards of the same suit in increasing or decreasing order. You may also “lay off” during your turn by adding one or more cards from your hand to any meld already on the table. Laying Off is optional and there is no limit to the number of cards you can lay off.
- When you are finished melding and laying off, you end your turn and must discard one card, face-up, onto the discard pile. If you had drawn from the discard pile, you may not discard the same card you drew on that turn. The next player clockwise goes. When one player gets rid of all of the cards in their hand, all players stop and the player who goes out receives points for the remaining cards in another player’s hands. Face cards are worth 10 points each, aces are worth 1, and numbered cards are worth their number.
- A player goes “rummy” when they get rid of all the cards in their hand in one turn, without having previously melded or laid off any cards. In this event, they receive twice as many points. The hand is now over.
- The role of the dealer rotates clockwise by one and a new hand is dealt. This process repeats until a player reaches a predetermined point total or until you play a predetermined number of hands, at which time, the player with the most points wins.
Playing rummy is a great way to relax especially after a busy day. With online gaming, now one can play their favorite rummy game without any interference. There are many popular online gaming websites that offer both free and cash rummy tables. You can register and join any table of your choice and enjoy playing rummy. If you have never tried Rummy games, Must try India’s most favorite sports platform Getmega.
Rummy is a game of skill as it requires a tactical mind to emerge as a winner. The champion is the one who respects the game more than anything else.