Tudor was launched as a particular watch brand by Rolex’s founder, Hans Wilsdorf. In 1946, he started the Tudor company and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. He aimed to provide quality watches with some Rolex features at a modest price. This classic watch manufactures traditional yet fashionable styles and was known for its trendsetting designs. They continue experimenting to come up with innovations.
As a sister company of Rolex, its quality is never a question. It had made its name for its elegant and functional timepieces, the same as Rolex watches. The booming success of Tudor happened in 1950 upon pioneering of its models, Oyster and Oyster Prince. Tudor watch collection has marked its territory as one of the modern and affordable yet luxurious watches globally. Find out more about exciting watch models by Tudor.
Excellent Features of Tudor
These features are distinctive through all its models.
- Mechanical movements. Tudor has had in-house movements since 2015 when the North Flag was released while other models use ETA movements.
- Sturdy construction. Its watches are all hard, even their dress watches. It is waterproof up to 100 meters and has an anti-shock system.
- Metals and gems. They’ve been using gold on their two-tone models and minimally precious metals such as steel, bronze, and carbon.
- Expensive bracelets and straps. Tudor’s bracelets are flexible but robust. They use leather straps and also fabric straps that cost less.
- Affordable prices. It has reasonable prices to easily afford their timepieces. Sometimes, Rolex’s lowest price is their highest.
Tudor’s Popular Collection
The Tudor watch collection is something to look forward to. Imagine the quality of Rolex inside these fabulous timepieces at a more affordable price. That’s an excellent opportunity to grab this renowned brand for decades! Its trademark has been made to produce unique designs as it showcases colorful dial chronographs, Montecarlo-inspired color schemes, and case variations. The best collections that Tudor has released are listed below for your reference.
Tudor Black Bay
Tudor Black Bay is a stylish dive watch that boasts high function. It had its debut in 2012. The inspiration for Black Bay came from the dive watches of Tudor Submariner. It comes in 41 mm cases and can delve into the water up to 200 m deep. One of the inspiration models was the original 1954 Tudor 7922 Submariner. The second one was the Submariner 7021, released in 1967, known as the Snowflake Submariner.
- This functional watch had its lume plots and hands made in pink gold.
- The rotating bezel moves in one direction and is made of steel.
- Its dial has a matte finish and different hues of colors to choose from. The sapphire crystal face gives an eye-catching look to Black bay because of its dome shape.
- The bracelets are also available in steel rivets and leather straps.
Tudor Fastrider Black Shield
Fastrider Black Shield is a new and modern design and wasn’t inspired by other Tudor models. Its inspiration was from the awesome bike, Ducati Diavel, from which it has derived the same finish. It is an outstanding model of Tudor out of all the creations they have made throughout its history.
- Its dial, ceramic, and bezel are black and have matte finishing.
- The hands are in skeleton form that lets the owner see what’s underneath the subdials.
- The three chronograph subdials have luminous paint, which makes it brighter at night.
- Blackshield is in 42 mm case size, which makes the timepiece midsized.
- Its mechanism movement is powered by Valjoux 7753.
- Leather straps are primarily in black but sometimes come in brown color.
Tudor Heritage Ranger
Tudor Heritage Ranger resurfaced in 2014. It is a tool watch that resembles the 1960s Tudor Oyster Prince Ranger. The heritage Ranger combines the retro style with modern ones, making it a classic but stylish tool watch. Anyone who wants a military-inspired yet straightforward look of a watch would wish to have this.
- Today, its dial is Explorer-inspired, which makes it a classic tool watch.
- Its case is made of stainless steel and has a large size of 41 mm than other vintage Tudor watches.
- The bracelet is also made in stainless steel without end links.
- The in-house Tudor caliber 2824 powers Heritage Ranger and has a power reserve of 38 hours.
- It is 150 meters waterproof, making it the best choice for people who love water sports.
It is the deepest dive watch of Tudor as it can delve up to 500 meters below sea level. Released in 2012, it had lured the attention of the enthusiasts of Swiss diver watches.
- Its titanium case is 42 mm in size, more prominent than others, and possesses modern style. Instead of a polished finish, this titanium case has a brushed finish that can resist scratches.
- Tudor Pelagos’s outstanding features that differ from the other models are the date window, square hour markers, and the blue or black finish.
- It also has the iconic hour hand, the Snowflake.
- Pelagos surpassed the standards of COSC or the Official Chronometer Testing Institute for its MT5621 automatic movement.
- The power reserve is up to 70 hours.
- It is ideal for diving because of its modest weight.
Aside from these models, Tudor has a lot of watch editions you can choose from.
- There’s Tudor GMT which is the version of Rolex GMT.
- The Heritage Chrono has 42 mm case size and the dials are of different colors.
- Tudor North Flag has a numerical set that is race-ready, yellow accents, and power reserve. Its bracelet and strap are entirely on their own and derived nothing from Rolex.
After describing Tudor watch features, I guess you already realized you could practically get a Rolex watch if you purchase one. By this time, you know it is an excellent investment to have this elegant, vintage yet modern-styled clock. It houses exquisite models for different fields and personalities of people. You can find the most suitable Tudor watch for you here with us in The Watch Company. Enjoy shopping!