An embedded system is a hybrid of a computer processor, computer memory, and input/output peripheral devices. They are manufactured for a particular process or function within a huge system. If you need to know and comprehend embedded hardware design, then these are certain areas that you should study in Embedded hardware design. These are Microcontroller or microprocessors, Hardware design, programming.
After achieving tremendous knowledge through embedded hardware design books, you are capable of doing miracles in your life. To help you understand how, if you notice your surroundings, we are enclosed by embedded hardware design, both huge and tiny. For instance, your smartphone, fridge, tv, router, and almost everything have embedded hardware designs. We even have automobiles running a significant amount of software on microcontrollers.
In this article, we have prepared a list of books to learn the embedded system. We have categorized the list of best books for microprocessors that will help you. You can cite these embedded hardware design textbooks to get decent knowledge of embedded hardware design.
Best Books For Embedded Hardware Design
Practical C Programming
The book Practical C Programming is written by “Steve Oualline.” To control an electronic device consisting of Integrated Circuits, you need to acquaint rules to the hardware. This is only feasible when a piece of equipment comprehends machine language. Hence a programming speech is crucial to convey with the kit. Thus we have encompassed this in the best books for embedded hardware design. To read this book, you sure should have a fundamental understanding of the C programming language.
Embedded Hardware Design
The book Making Embedded hardware design was written by “Elica White.” This book for embedded hardware design is written, taking into account the practical aspects of embedded hardware design. You will know the following:
- What an embedded system is? And how it is different from standard software used in PCs.
- The best way to develop embedded system architecture and board bring different hardware.
- Various peripherals like USB, UART, SPI, SSP, and I2C are clearly explained.
- You will know how to reduce the power consumption of an embedded device.
The Firmware Handbook
Jack Ganssle writes the book The Firmware Handbook. If you are one of the hobbyists who don’t know much about hardware, this book suits you. From this one of the best books for the embedded system you will get to know about:
- Basic electronics and digital design of logic circuits
- Tools and methods to write better code and implement state machines
- Handling errors in real-time using memory diagnostics and exception handling
- The bonus tip is you will know about the Watchdog Timer.
The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Hardware Design
This book by “Mazidi” is one of the best books for beginners and learners who want to understand embedded hardware designs. 8051 is an outstanding microcontroller utilized in the corporation for formulating low end and high-end applications. With this one of the decent books for the embedded system, you will get an intense understanding about:
- Programming peripherals such as LCD
- Toggling bits of ports in 8051
- Input-output programming
- Turning on and off a device for some time with Timers
- Sending and receiving serial data to and from the UART Serial port
- Calculating analog values like battery voltage using ADC
- Detecting the external and internal events coming from the outside world using Interrupt
- How to interface the keyboard with 8051?
- Storing data into external EEPROM
- Interfacing of analog and digital sensors
- Generating and updating the time and date with RTC
- Controlling Motors, Relays, and Stepper motors to drive electrical loads.
PIC Microcontroller and Embedded Hardware Design
This book by “Mazidi” uses a PIC18F458 microcontroller. It is distributed into two categories. The first fraction encompasses Assembly language programming and the second part encloses interfacing of PIC microcontroller with many peripherals using Embedded C. With this one of the decent books for the embedded network, you will get in-depth knowledge about:
- You can code the blinking of LEDs using timers.
- Send data to the LCD screen using GPIO pins in 4-bit and 8-bit mode.
- Send data from UART to PC and PC to UART using serial communication.
- Program using interrupts to blink led.
- Know how to interface a DC motor with PIC Microcontroller
AVR Microcontroller and Embedded Hardware Design
This is a book by the author Mazidi. It covers the total architecture of AVR assembly language programming. We can say this is the best platform to learn Hardware,AVR programming for embedded devices. With this one of the best books for the embedded system hardware, you can get knowledge about:
- How to interface an LCD to AVR
- Configuring GPIO ports to read/write the data on to the pins
- Interfacing of the keyboard for sending data to PC
- Working with ADC and interfacing of ADC with AVR?
- How to turn on and turn off AC and DC motors with DAC peripheral?
- How to interface Analog and Digital sensors with AVR?
- Interfacing Real Time Clock (RTC) to display date, month, year, and time
How PsiBorg Technologies Provides Expert Embedded Design Solutions
The above mentioned books are helpful if you are interested in Embedded Hardware Design services and If you are looking for more assistance in reference to embedded design then connect with PsiBorg Technologies. We are the best IoT and embedded services provider. We have a team of expert embedded designers who not only provide you with best designs but also provide assistance in future modifications in your project design.